Infographic above by our friends at Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Asian Law Caucus.
As of the week of Aug. 10, official U.S. Census enumerators will be visiting households who have yet to respond to the 2020 Census.
Enumerators are expected to follow public health guidance for maintaining physical distancing and wearing a mask while visiting households.
How to identify an official Census taker:
• Census takers work between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• They will wear an official ID badge with a U.S. Department of Commerce watermark that includes name, photo and an expiration date.
• They have an official 2020 Census bag and Census Bureau-issued device such as a smartphone or a laptop bearing the Census Bureau logo.
Census takers will never:
• Ask for credit card/bank account info
• Ask for your mother’s maiden name
• Ask for full Social Security numbers
• Request anything on behalf of a political party.
You can continue to take the Census online, via phone or by mail through Sept. 30, 2020.